29 July 2009

Why this blog became static and plans for the future

Hello, my long time readers, or perhaps, new ones.

This is just a quick update, and a little plan to tell you about the future of this blog.

As you can see, this has become very... sparse over the past few months. Some of you may think it's because I have nothing (of value) to say, or that I got bored with posting but it is really not the case. In this age of the 'new internet', one has to consider how he or she presents themselves. Social networking sites don't really have this problem. You maintain a personal profile, you do little updates with little things every once in a while, boom. you're there.

With a blog, to me at least, or any other web presence, you have to decide if it will be 'personal' or 'business'. And kind of stupidly, I've tried to merge the two. Some of my posts have been personal, some have been 'business' (comedic observances, political opinions). Going back and reading through it... it doesn't work. It's jarring going from me talking about snow and beautiful weather to a long winded rant on Obama™ The ActionFigure. It just doesn't make for a good read.

So, what will happen in the next few months (hopefully) is a more seperated webpresence from me. Granted, still contained within one site (I'm thinking of moving to wordpress for blog hosting) and having a much more streamlined feel of what I want to do on the web.

While considering all of this, I've been working on my own fiction and poetry. I have a small collection of poems I'd like to put out there, and possibly make a limited number of print editions to sell. Sadly, I don't think I have the infrastructure to do that via Blogger.com, so this is another reason why I'm considering moving to my own site.

What I'd like to do is the following: have my work, avalable online via creative commons licenses; have a seperate blog for daily musings (i.e. my rambling about weather, daily life), and then a section for what i consider my 'esays'; my views of the world, my social commentary. and what i'd like to do (way down the line) while all of these would be avalable on line for free; to offer a limited run print editions that would be bundled with other stuff. such as a personal inscription by me. or other things that i'd like to have as a reader.

In other news: things that may be on the new site, if/when it launches.
The project i was working on with Blake M Petit has mutated. You'll be informed when I can tell you.
Thinking of trying to do a webcomic; i've been writing a script for comic based (very very loosly) on college stories and the college life i lived. i'm looking for someone to draw/ink.

Also, thinking of doing a podcast with some friends... just geek topics and whatever happens in our head.

anyway, i hope to update this a bit in the interem. but as to what the nature of the updates will be... i have no clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it relevant to the topic at hand, folks.